Eurocon 2012 story collection – KONTAKT
In addition to the traditional SFeraKon story collection, we’ve prepared an anthology of current Croatian authors in English. Name of this anthology is KONTAKT, and it will be given to every member with the Deluxe Membership. The Kontakt anthology has been edited by Darko Macan and the translation editor is Tatjana Jambrišak. Design and formatting: Melina Mikulić.
Here is the anthology content:
- Milena Benini – The Name of the Hound
- Danijel Bogdanović – De Cadenza
- Katarina Brbora – Avaleon and the Black Feather
- Danilo Brozović – Fingers
- Ivana Delač – River Fairy
- Tatjana Jambrišak – Give Me the Shuttle Key
- Goran Konvični – Time Enough, and Space
- Zoran Krušvar – The Executor
- Darko Macan – The Corridor
- Dalibor Perković – HiTechSexLib
- Zoran Vlahović – Every Time We Say Goodbye
- Aleksandar Žiljak – The Dead
Traditional SFeraKon story collection – SMAK!
For the last seventeen years, every SFeraKon member gets the newest SF&F story collection written by Croatian authors. This year is no exception, and since it is 2012 and everyone talks about the Mayan Calendar Prophecy, world economic crisis and the solar flares, the main theme is obvious – the apocalypse. Therefore the convenient title: SMAK! – in Croatian: The end (of the world). The collection has been edited by Tatjana Jambrišak and Darko Vrban.
Here is the apocalyptic content of this year’s Croatian collection:
- Jurica Bakmaz: Odjeci
- Ines Pauc: Kraj svjetova
- David Kelečić: Imago ultima
- Tatjana Jambrišak: Zima je zaista hladna …
- Ed Barol: Do posljednjeg daha
- Alen Drino: Molitva tišine
- Danijel Bogdanović: Stela sa zvijezda
- Zdenka Mija Brebrić: Sumrak svjetova
- Katarina Brbora: Aferim
- Eugenio Fočić: Apokaliptična
- Aleksandar Žiljak: Čopor
- Damir Miholić: Rat svjetova
- Goran Konvični: … jeka jeka …
Design and formatting: Melina Mikulić.
More on the previous SFeraKon story collections can be found here.
Trilingual anthology – BELLA PROXIMA
The Romanian SF&F society SRSFF had started a very ambitious and praiseworthy intercultural project on the European level – the exchange of texts, interviews, information and ideas between various European SF communities. The result of the first project is the promotion of the Croatian Science Fiction through the trilingual anthology BELLA PROXIMA (in Romanian, Croatian and English), which will be presented on Kontakt. The editors are: Antuza Genescu, Cristian Tamas and Aleksandar Žiljak. The stories were translated by: Cristian Tamas, Antuza Genescu, Adina Barvinschi and Liviu Radu. The publisher is Mugur Cornila, Eagle Publishing House, Bucharest, Romania. Cover designer: Dreamstime Agency.
Here is the anthology content:
- Aleksandar Žiljak – Introduction (translated by Cristian Tamas)
- Aleksandar Žiljak – Science Fiction in Croatia (translated by Cristian Tamas)
- Tatjana Jambrišak – Bella Proxima (translated by Adina Barvinschi)
- Ed Barol – Dora ( translated by Adina Barvinschi)
- Sanja Tenjer – Pacman (translated by Liviu Radu)
- Zoran Krušvar – Rentals (translated by Antuza Genescu)
- Mihaela Marija Perković – The final exam (translated by Antuza Genescu)
- Aleksandar Žiljak – An evening in the city coffehouse with Lydia on my mind (translated by Antuza Genescu)